The ex-bodyguard of a popular convicted drug lord and a female remain in custody as Police continue investigations into the fatal shooting of Ryan Sergeant, 19, at the Rio Nightclub on Monday last.Dead: Ryan SergeantA source close to the investigations revealed that the woman in custody was seen leaving the nightclub with two men – one turned himself in while the other remains on the run. It is believed that on the night of the fatal shooting, the argument started over the young lady.However, both persons in custody remain tight-lipped and have not been cooperating with Police. The Police are nevertheless hunting for the third suspect.The former ‘phantom’ group member turned himself in on Friday in company of his lawyer, while the woman was arrested at a house on Hadfield Street, Georgetown, during a Police operation, that led to the discovery of two illegal firearms and several rounds of ammunition.The others who were arrested were released.Ryan “Harry” Sergeant of Lot 2530 Layon Street, North Ruimveldt, Georgetown, was shot and killed, while another teenager remains in a critical state at the Georgetown Public Hospital after he too was shot. The injured teen is Jeffrey Ferrel also of North Ruimveldt Housing Scheme.Sergeant was shot once to the jaw during an exchange of gunfire that started in the night club and ended on the outside.After the shooting, the now dead man was picked up by his ‘gang members’ and dropped off at the Woodlands Hospital. It was reported that Ferrel, who is now hospitalised, was involved in an altercation with one of the suspects who in turn left the club with another friend and a female.Further reports stated that after the trio left, they were followed by Ferrel and the now dead man and the argument resumed.During the argument, the suspect whipped out a gun and discharge several rounds, hitting Ferrel to the neck and shoulder. Attempting to rescue his shot friend, Sergeant was shot to the jaw. The suspects then fled the scene.It was during the review of the surveillance footage that the three suspects were positively identified.
0Shares0000Charges against sprinter Christian Coleman have been dropped © AFP/File / JOHN THYSLOS ANGELES, United States, Sep 3 – Christian Coleman has been cleared to take part in this month’s World Athletics Championships after the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) dropped charges against him on a technicality, a statement said Monday.US sprinter Coleman, the fastest man over 100m this year, had been facing a two-year suspension after drug-testers were unable to locate him on three separate occasions in a 12-month period. However, USADA said in a statement that after receiving guidance from the World Anti-Doping Agency on how the 12-month window should be calculated, it was withdrawing its case.“Consistent application of the global anti-doping rules is essential in every case,” USADA chief executive Travis Tygart said in a statement.“In this case we applied the rules to Mr Coleman in the manner that USADA understands should be applied to any other international-level athlete.“We must approach every case with the primary goal of delivering fairness to athletes under the rules and providing transparency and consistency in order to build their trust and support for the anti-doping system.”USADA said in its statement it had first recorded a “whereabouts failure” against Coleman on June 6 last year.A doping control officer had attempted to test the sprinter and discovered that he had failed to update his whereabouts information to accurately reflect his location.Two more whereabouts failures were also logged on January 16 this year and April 26.However Coleman argued that under International Standard for Testing and Investigations (ISTI) guidelines, his first missed case should have been backdated to the first day of that quarter — April 1, 2018 — which would mean the dates of the three offences fell outside the required 12-month time frame for a doping offence to have occurred.In order to avoid future confusion, the rule is being revised with the change expected to take place in 2021.USADA said it had consulted with WADA to receive an official interpretation of the ISTI rules last week.“This interpretation was received on Friday, August 30, 2019, and was that the Filing Failure which USADA had recorded in June 2018, should relate back to April 1, 2018, the first day of the quarter in which the failure to update occurred,” USADA said in a statement.– ‘Presumption of innocence’ –“Given these facts, USADA has determined that under the applicable rules, and in order to ensure that Coleman is treated consistently with other athletes under the World Anti-Doping Program, Coleman should not be considered to have three Whereabouts Failures in a 12-month period.”USADA said Coleman had since provided his whereabouts information by the start of each quarter as required and had been tested by the agency on 20 separate occasions.The sprinter had been due to face a hearing on Thursday which has now been scrapped, USADA said.The agency said Coleman was free to compete with immediate effect but noted that the decision to withdraw the case could still be appealed by the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF).“Every athlete is entitled to a presumption of innocence until their case is concluded through the established legal process,” Tygart said.“This is certainly the case for Mr Coleman, who has been found by USADA not to have committed a Whereabouts Violation and is fully eligible to compete under the rules,” he added.Coleman is the fastest man in the world over the 100m and the favourite in that distance heading into the 2019 World Championships in Doha, Qatar. He is also expected to run in the 4x100m Relay and the 200m.He has run the two fastest 100m of 2019, a 9.85 and a 9.81.In an interview with NBC’s Ato Boldon last month, Coleman said he was confident the hearing would exonerate him.0Shares0000(Visited 15 times, 1 visits today)
A Culdaff mother has run a staggering one hundred miles for Lifeline Inishowen CharityEilish Bell wanted to complete a personal challenge and do a little charity also.She decided to take part in the “Connemara 100 miles” on Saturday last in aid of Lifeline Inishowen. Eilish completed the run in 23 hours 40 mins & 64 seconds. She started at 6am on Saturday and ran through the night and finished at 5:40am Sunday morning.The well-known Inishowen woman said it was a great experience, a very well organised race and a once in a lifetime experience.Fantastic stuff Eilish! Donegal mum gives a ‘lifeline’ with super 100 mile run! was last modified: August 8th, 2016 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)