Hazard suffers another injury setback in Real Madrid defeat

first_imgReal Madrid star Eden Hazard had a night to forget  against Man City at the Etihad Stadium on Friday night as Los Blancos were knocked out of the Champions League . The former Chelsea playmaker’s selection in the XI came as a surprise, with him managing an injury. However,  club boss Zinedine Zidane opted for him over Vinicius Junior on the left in a gamble that didn’t pay off.Advertisement Read Also: UCL: Sterling applauds Man City energy in Real Madrid win“They scored and so did we, but when you play for this club you want to win everything, especially the Champions League .“But because of the way they press it became difficult and that’s why we made mistakes.”FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 At the end of the encounter, Hazard had ice strapped onto his ankle as he spoke to the press. “The first half was good and we deserved more,” the Belgian noted. Loading… Promoted ContentWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?10 Phones That Can Easily Fit In The Smallest Pocket11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table TopIs This 1921 Cartoon The First Ever Meme?Can Playing Too Many Video Games Hurt Your Body?Best & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeDid You Notice How Natural Simba’s Movements Looked In The Movie?5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksEverything You Need To Know About Asteroid ArmageddonWhat Are The Most Delicious Foods Out There?10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do14 Amazing Pictures Of Unusual Objects Cut In Halflast_img read more

Pro soccer resumes in Germany with games in second division

first_imgPro soccer resumes in Germany with games in second division Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditPro soccer resumes in Germany with games in second division,Tampa Bay Lightning advance to face Dallas Stars in Stanley Cup finals, beating New York Islanders 2-1 in OT in Game 6 Associated Press center_img May 16, 2020last_img

Egyptian league given green light for September return

first_imgThe Egyptian Premier League will return on 17 September, the country’s Ministry of Sport has announced.The decision ends the ban on domestic football in Egypt that has been in place since a stadium disaster in February when more than 70 fans died.Minister of sports Al Amry Farouk said: “I met with the Minister of Interior and we agreed on resuming the league.“But without fans for the time being and then we’ll see – that’s our agreement with security officials.”Farouk added that Al Masry, whose home match against Al Ahly ended in Egypt’s worst football tragedy, will not take part in the league in the new season.“We reached an understanding with Al Masry who agreed to withdraw and take part next season,” he said.Since the tragedy in Port Said the only matches played in Egypt have been qualifiers for the Africa Cup of Nations and World Cup, and some continental club games – all of which have been played behind behind closed doors.The ministry had previously turned down proposals for the league to return on 24 August and 7 September, concerned about the lack of security at games.last_img read more