Milwaukee Bucks’ Giannis Antetokounmpo dunks during the first half of Game 4 of an NBA basketball first-round playoff series against the Boston Celtics Sunday, April 22, 2018, in Milwaukee. (AP Photo/Morry Gash)MILWAUKEE — Giannis Antetokounmpo helped the Milwaukee Bucks win a playoff game but couldn’t score a table at a Mexican restaurant.Antetokounmpo says the social media-fueled mess over the missed meal isn’t a big deal.ADVERTISEMENT Green group flags ‘overkill’ use of plastic banderitas in Manila Sto. Niño feast Jo Koy draws ire for cutting through Cebu City traffic with ‘wang-wang’ Antetokounmpo says he knows the restaurant’s owners and calls them “really good people.” He added that he plans to take up the owners’ offer to pay for his next meal.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Scientists seek rare species survivors amid Australia flames Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. ‘Stop romanticizing Pinoy resilience’ P16.5-M worth of aid provided for Taal Volcano eruption victims — NDRRMC Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Volcano watch: Island fissures steaming, lake water receding MOST READ LATEST STORIES In fight vs corruption, Duterte now points to Ayala, MVP companies as ‘big fish’ John Wall at his elite, explosive best for Wiz in playoffs Truck driver killed in Davao del Sur road accident The food flare-up started after a Bucks fan posted a picture on Twitter of the All-Star forward waiting at BelAir Cantina on Sunday.Earlier that afternoon, Antetokounmpo’s putback with 5 seconds left helped the Bucks beat the Boston Celtics in Game 4 to tie their first-round playoff series. Game 5 is Tuesday night in Boston.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crownThe fan’s post went viral. He says Antetokounmpo stayed 10 minutes before leaving. The restaurant later posted a message on social media apologizing for not seating Antetokounmpo in “as timely a manner as we would have hoped.”The forward told reporters in Boston on Monday that he left only because his ankle was bothering him. Antetokounmpo missed a couple of games late in the regular season with a sore right ankle. View comments
The ‘One China’ policy is a key cornerstone of China’s relations with the world and is the fundamental bedrock of Chinese policymaking and diplomacyWith just six months to the representative and presidential elections in the country, Mr. Li Zhaung, Counselor and Deputy Chief of Mission at the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China, (PRC) near Monrovia last Friday urged Liberian politicians to be mindful of Taiwan’s preparedness to give out big money to ensure the restoration of diplomatic relations with Liberia against the ‘One China’ policy.Liberia is part of the 52 African countries that support PRC’s ‘One China’ policy, which says that Taiwan is part of China and therefore others should maintain diplomatic relations with the PRC to represent the interest of the Chinese people.Speaking on the topic, “One China policy and its impact in Africa” at the Edward Wilmot Blyden Intellectual Forum organized by the Press Union of Liberia in Monrovia, Mr. Li said Liberian politicians need to be cautious of Taiwan’s attempts to use them to exploit the country.Envoy Li said Taiwanese authorities are prepared to do business with some politicians that may include presidential candidates by providing campaign funds in order to establish or maintain so called “diplomatic relations” when they come to power.He said Taiwanese authorities may attempt to enlarge their international space by making use of the political situations and economic difficulties in a country through “dollar diplomacy.”“Their intent is to create trouble for the China-Liberia relations,” Mr. Li noted. “Many Liberians have not yet understood the ‘One China’ policy because they are blinded by the Taiwanese’s surreptitious attempts, which come in the form of gestures.”He said: “It is possible that some Liberians may not understand the Sinoe-Liberia relations and could therefore tamper with our bilateral relations.”Envoy Li said China-Liberia relations were hurt twice because of the Taiwan issue and as a result the Liberian people did not benefit from the “so called diplomatic relations with Taiwan.”He said the People’s Republic of China appreciates the Liberian government’s firm adherence to the ‘One China’ policy and assured Liberians that his government is willing to foster friendly relations with not only the government but all political parties as well.“We hope that the Liberian people, including political parties, will appreciate and cherish what we have achieved in the past 14 years since our two countries resumed diplomatic relations,” Envoy Li said.He said for Liberia to adhere to the ‘One China’ policy is in line with the common interests of China and Africa. “Today, 52 African countries adhere to the ‘One China’ policy and we are gratified by the progresses we see in a wide range of China-African collaboration,” he noted.Li recalled that “in 1971 the UN General Assembly adopted Resolution 2758 which was responsible for the expulsion of representatives of the Taiwanese authorities from the world body and restored the seat and all lawful rights of the government of the People’s Republic of China.”Recounting some other benefits in the China-Liberia diplomatic relations, he said “For the deployment of UNMIL in 2003, China as a permanent member of the UN Security Council, voted in favor of Liberia and consistently supported the peacekeeping operations in Liberia.”“During the Ebola Virus Disease outbreak, China was the first country to provide assistance to Liberia,” he said. “Our cooperation in security, agriculture, education, healthcare, trade, etc. has made rapid progress and achieved tangible outcomes which are beneficial to the Liberian people.”Meanwhile, the Managing Editor of the Inquirer Newspaper, Mr. Philip Wesseh, called on Liberian journalists to read and acquire more understanding about the ‘One China’ policy in order to be able to inform the public.“China has increased her support in recent years to the development of our country and what we see going on around us may carry us to higher heights,” Mr. Wesseh said. “The ‘One China’ policy is intended to safeguard China’s sovereignty and territorial integrity.”Presently, 174 countries in the world maintain close bilateral relations with the People’s Republic of China and support the ‘One China’ policy.The ‘One China’ policy is the diplomatic acknowledgement of China’s position that there is only one Chinese government, and China sees Taiwan as a breakaway province to be reunified with the mainland one day, a BBC report stated.The ‘One China’ policy is also a key cornerstone of China’s relations with the world and is the fundamental bedrock of Chinese policymaking and diplomacy.Although the Taiwan government claims it is an independent country officially called the “Republic of China,” (ROC) any country that wants diplomatic relations with mainland China (PRC) must break official ties with Taipei. This has resulted in Taiwan’s diplomatic isolation from the international community.The policy can be traced back to 1949 and the end of the Chinese civil war. The defeated Nationalists, also known as the Kuomintang, retreated to Taiwan and made it their seat of government, while the victorious Communists began ruling the mainland as the People’s Republic of China.Both sides say they represent all of China.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
The eighth annual Child Development Centre Charity Golf Tournament will get underway on Saturday. Currently 22 teams are signed up to take part.A number of prizes will be up for grabs including a helicopter ride for five people with a picnic lunch at Kinuseo Falls, a trip for two to Crown Isle Golf Resort in Courtenay, and many others.The cost to take part is $100 and includes a steak dinner on top of the round of golf. Those interested are encouraged to call 250-785-3200, or to come down to the Lakepoint Golf and Country Club on Saturday at 11:30 a.m.- Advertisement –
– Advertisement – On the evening of July 12, Fort St. John RCMP responded to a call involving a group of disorderly individuals. On Tuesday night, a disruption of the peace led local authorities to Taylor. RCMP arrested the intoxicated group of four, who were eventually released from custody. No charges were laid as a result of the event. The incident, originally thought to be a break and enter, turned out to be a group of intoxicated people fighting and disrupting the peace.
1 Remy Cabella John Carver earned his first victory as Newcastle United manager as the Magpies comfortably beat Hull City at the KC Stadium in the day’s early kick off.Remy Cabella impressively opened his account for Newcastle as half time approached, before second half strikes from Sammy Ameobi and Yoan Gouffran condemned Hull to their fourth straight defeat.The win sees Newcastle move back into the top half of the table, whilst Hull remain in deep trouble down in 18th with 15 games remaining.Newcastle brought in Ameobi and Gouffran from the home defeat to Southampton two weeks ago, but it was the hosts who had the more clear-cut early chances.After Moussa Sissoko flashed a shot wide for Newcastle, Tim Krul and Fabricio Coloccini somehow combined to deny Curtis Davies what seemed a certain goal after Ahmed Elmohamady’s deep cross.Five minutes before half time, Cabella won possession 30 yards from the Hull goal and weaved his way through a few challenges before striking a brilliant left foot effort past Alan McGregor to put the visitors in front.The first half finished on a bizarre note as Elmohamady ran off celebrating after putting the ball in the net, only to be booked for what turned out to be a clear, Maradona-esque handball.It didn’t take the Magpies long to double their lead in the second half, as Ameobi emphatically punished Gaston Ramirez for casually conceding possession with a dipping left foot effort from 30 yards.Hull nearly halved the deficit when Krul saved Ramirez’s angled strike, but Gouffran put the result beyond doubt with a deflected effort after ghosting his way through a non-existent home defence.Newcastle held on for their first clean sheet in ten outings, while it is now six defeats in their last eight games for Bruce’s struggling Tigers.
0Shares0000Atletico Madrid’s forward Diego Costa takes part in a training session at the Wanda Metropolitan Stadium in Madrid on December 31, 2017 © AFP/File / PIERRE-PHILIPPE MARCOUMADRID, Spain, Jan 3 – Diego Costa scored for Atletico Madrid just five minutes into his return as the club cruised to a 4-0 win at Lleida Esportiu in the Spanish Copa Del Rey on Wednesday.Costa, who rejoined from Chelsea in September but could not play until the transfer window opened this month, came on as a 64th-minute substitute and swept home Atletico’s third goal in the 69th minute in the first leg of a last 16 tie. “I’m really happy to feel like a footballer again and play once more with Atletico Madrid. It was very important for me,” Costa said after the match.“I couldn’t have hoped for a better start to my second spell with Atletico. I was given the opportunity to play again and I had the chance to score a goal. That makes me even happier.”Spain international Costa started the move that led to his goal, driving forward before moving the ball wide, allowing Juanfran to whip in a low cross that Costa clipped past Lleida keeper David Oliveros.Costa appeared to have injured himself stretching to score the goal, but carried on and finished the game.“Costa’s return has filled us with enthusiasm,” said Atletico coach Diego Simeone. “He brings speed, strength and physicality, which is what we expected of him.”Two goals in four first half minutes from Diego Godin and Fernando Torres set Atletico up for the comfortable win away to third tier Lleida, with Godin heading home a drilled free-kick after 33 minutes and Torres doubling the lead soon after, just about staying onside to tap home Kevin Gameiro’s low cross.Sevilla’s new Italian coach Vincenzo Montella holds a press conference during his official presentation as the Spanish club’s coach December 30, 2017 © AFP/File / CRISTINA QUICLERCosta’s fellow sub Antoine Griezmann completed the rout in the final seconds, his deflected free-kick sailing past Oliveros giving Simeone’s side a seemingly unassailable lead ahead of Tuesday’s second leg at the Wanda Metropolitano in Madrid.Meanwhile Vincenzo Montella got off to a winning start as Sevilla coach, the former AC Milan coach’s new side beating Cadiz 2-0 thanks to goals from Nolito and Jesus Navas.Barcelona and Real Madrid play their respective first leg clashes with Celta Vigo and second-tier Numancia on Wednesday, with Barca coach Ernesto Valverde set to rest Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez, who both returned late from holidays in South America, as well as captain Andres Iniesta.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
Aston Villa’s takeover headed by Dr Tony Xia is expected to go through next week. The buyout, believed to be around £75million, could be given the green light by Wednesday, Press Association Sport understands.Xia is expected to meet English Football League (EFL) officials after the weekend to sign off on the deal ahead of official confirmation after passing the owners’ and directors’ test. He will replace Randy Lerner as owner and become the new chairman with Steve Hollis, who joined in January, departing after overseeing an internal restructure. Roberto Di Matteo was appointed Villa’s new manager last week and is yet to face the press as the club wait for Xia’s deal to be rubber-stamped. Once the takeover has gone through the pair are expected to hold a joint conference.Di Matteo replaced Remi Garde, who left in March with the club on the verge of relegation from the Premier League, which was confirmed in April, the first time the club has dropped out of the top flight since 1987. The Italian has been joined by new assistant Steve Clarke, whom he played with at Chelsea, and first-team coach Kevin Bond.His first priority will be to overhaul an under-performing and demoralised squad, with Jordan Ayew and Jordan Amavi, along with a host of squad players, expected to leave ahead of the Sky Bet Championship season. Dr Tony Xia is set to take ownership of Aston Villa 1
QUIGGThe death has taken place at Letterkenny General Hospital of Patrick Quigg, late of Gulladuff, Moville. Reposing at his late residence. Funeral from there on Monday at 10.15am for 11am Requiem Mass in St Columba’s Church, Ballinacrea, followed by interment in the adjoining cemetery.WILSON The death has taken place at her residence of Kathleen Wilson, Carricknamana, Killygordon. Funeral from her home tomorrow, Saturday, at 10.30 for 11am Requiem Mass in St Patrick’s Church, Crossroads, followed by interment in the adjoining cemetery. Family flowers only please, donations in lieu if desired to Medical 3 Ward, Letterkenny General Hospital, c/o any family member.McKENNAThe death has taken place at Letterkenny General Hospital of Al Mc Kenna, ‘Maryville’, New Line Road, Letterkenny. His remains are reposing at his late residence. Funeral from there tomorrow, Satuday, at 9.15am for 10am Requiem Mass in St Eunan’s Cathedral, followed by interment in Conwal Cemetery. Family flowers only please, donations in lieu if desired to the Friends of Letterkenny General Hospital, c/o Pascal Blake Funeral Director, New Line Road, Letterkenny. Family time please from 10pm to 11am, and on the morning of the funeral.FRIEL The death has taken place at his residence of Willie Friel, Drum, Portsalon. Funeral from there at at 10.30am on Saturday for 11am Requiem Mass in St Columba’s Church, Massmount with burial afterwards in the adjoining cemetery. Family flowers only, donations in lieu if desired to The Oncology Unit, Letterkenny General Hospital or St Lukes Hospital, Dublin. DONEGAL DEATH NOTICES FOR FRIDAY, DECEMBER 23, 2011 was last modified: December 23rd, 2011 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:2011DECEMBER 23DONEGAL DEATH NOTICES FOR FRIDAY
Tags: bright starsExpress FCMichael BirungiNelson SsenkatukatopUganda Cup Ssenkatuka (right) scored Bright Stars’ equalizer on Sunday. (Photo by Bright Stars Media)2018/18 Uganda Cup Semi Finals-First LegBright Stars 1-1 Express FCChampions Stadium, MwerereSunday, 28-04-2019MWERERE – Throwing stones and indiscipline was the order of the day as the Express FC drew with Bright Stars in the Uganda Cup first leg encounter at Champions Stadium Mwererwe.The unsporting behavior of Express fans came after a Bright Star player, Kaggwa Andrew fouled Arthur Kiggundu in the 76th Minute of the gameThe Referee posed the game for a period of 10 minutes until the possessed fans stopped throwing stones to the pitch.Kaggwa was handed a straight red card but he didn’t leave the pitch immediately as the visitors’ fans couldn’t pave way for him, through throwing stones in his direction.Meanwhile Michael Birungi opened the account in the 50 minute but minutes later Captain Nelson Senkatuka levelled matters through a penalty.It was Shafic Kaketo’s hand ball that handed Bright Stars a goal in the 53th minute.Express had two good chances in both halves through Brian Umony but Hamza Muwonge denied the veteran striker.The hosts bounced back in the second half after having a slow first though Express custodian Mathias Muwanga denied them the chances to score.Speaking to the press after the match Express head coach George Ssimwogerera blamed the field being in a bad state and that’s why they missed the chances.“It’s because of the bad pitch that we missed another of chances to score the goal but am happy we got an away goal and we shall finish it in Wankulukuku. Ssemwogerere said.Bright Stars assistant coach Paul Kiwanuka said the game wasn’t easy and he promised a good show in the second leg.“It wasn’t an easy game but we are going to bounce back better come second leg.” kiwanuka said.Express host Bright Stars again in the StarTimes Uganda premier league on Wednesday before they play the return leg again at Wankulukuku.Comments
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz.–The San Francisco Giants are planning a “Let Pablo Pitch” bobblehead giveaway for their home game May 11 against the Cincinnati Reds.As Opening Day approaches, a “Let Pablo Stay” bobblehead may be more appropriate.The roster status of popular infielder Pablo Sandoval is officially in question after the Giants completed a trade with the Cincinnati Reds to acquire utility player Connor Joe on Thursday.Joe, 26, is a Rule 5 draft choice who must remain on the Giants’ 25-man …